Sunday 27 September 2009

Hidden Earth (Sunday)

After a day's caving in Swildon's (or not in my case, as I forgot my furry suit  :-( ), we (myself and Paul, Keith and Pete, Simon and Mike) headed over to Churchill (with a slight hiccup on the way when I had to pull over and trot huff and puff back down the road to drop the key off).

We arrived to find people milling about looking surprisingly healthy, although when we hit the cafe for a greasy spoon breakfast, Jess was looking a bit pale and tired.  Apparently Big Jim, on the other hand was still in bed 'damaged' - serves him right for starting at lunchtime on Saturday!!




Anyway, we had a look round the sports hall at all the trade stands and displays, and somehow Keith and I found ourselves having a go at the Speleo Olympics.


Start on the floor, up and over, and finish on the floor!


I've never been in a ball pit quite like this before!!


This perspex 'tube' looked extremely straight forward,
but was actually quite tight once you were in it!



Getting into this tube was one thing...


Getting out...


was quite another!!!!


And then I had to help Keith out too


We thought we'd done really well and we stood there congratulating ourselves until the guy timing us (oh yes!), came over and told us we'd not only forgotten the tackle bags in the box at the bottom of the black tube, but that we were supposed to take them back through the other three obstacles.  Bugger that!!!

I had really bad bruises on my arms and left leg for a fortnight afterwards.  I don't think I've got that badly bruised doing the real thing!!!

No comments: